2024 Equal Justice Scholarship
As a team of criminal defense attorneys, Grand Canyon Law Group knows the importance of treating people with respect regardless of their actions. We have dedicated our practice to helping individuals get the representation they deserve and understand the importance of consequences. This year we are proud to announce that we will be holding the Equal Justice Scholarship for individuals who wish to further their education.
Equality and justice are so important to us and our community. We believe people have the right to feel protected in their homes, their neighborhood, place of employment, public spaces, and places of leisure, but also holding individuals accountable for their crimes. Our team at Grand Canyon Law Group believes in equality and that everyone has the rights regardless of age, gender, religion, or demographics. But, we understand that not everyone has access to the same level of representation. Leaving people defenseless in some of the most challenging moments of their lives. The reality is that the criminal justice system has failed many, leaving people with too harsh or too long of prison sentences, or worse, wrongfully convicted.
We believe that there is much work to be done as a society to ensure equality for all. For this scholarship, we are asking individuals to write an essay discussing ways in which the justice system has failed you or someone close to you, and how you would improve the criminal justice system within the United States. What policies would you reform? And, how would these changes benefit not only your community but our nation?
Once all submissions have been received, the entries will be reviewed, and one student will be selected to receive a $1,000 award.
Visit our scholarship winners page to see our previous year’s winner.
- The scholarship is open to any current high school senior, college student, or graduate student who is currently enrolled in a two-year or four-year degree program at an accredited college or university in the United States.
- The scholarship is open to International Students studying at an accredited college or university in the United States.
- Candidates for this scholarship should have a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher and be in good overall academic standing.
- The candidate must submit an 800-word essay response to the prompt: What issues within the criminal justice system do you believe need to be addressed? Why? What is a practical solution to these problems?
- Please note that all essays will be checked for AI writing. If AI writing is deemed present in the essay, the application will be denied.
- The candidate must submit a professional resumé that lists their experience, both professional and academic as well as current contact information.
- The candidate must submit a transcript from their current school. First-year college students, graduate students, or individuals who have recently transferred schools may submit an unofficial transcript from their current school, as well as the most recent official transcript from their prior school. High school students must also submit proof of acceptance to their college or university.
- Preference will be given to the students either from or attending school in the state.
The recipient of the Equal Justice Scholarship 2024 will be chosen during the month following the scholarship deadline.
Application Deadline and Instructions:
To be eligible for this scholarship, candidates must email their full application (including the essay, resumé, and transcript) to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 31, 2024. Any applications sent after this date will not be considered.
Scholarship applications should be sent with the subject line “Grand Canyon Law Group | Equal Justice Scholarship 2024 Application”.